Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Huh?

I got an early start at work this morning. I listened to several employees attempt to justify their inappropriate behavior and general incompetence all morning. Just when I was contemplating a jump from a high building, I was told that I am indeed the wind beneath someone's wings.

One of my coworkers told me another coworker considers me to be her mentor. How did that happen? This also leads me to ask...exactly what example am I setting? Is this what celebrities complain about when they are considered a role model? If so, where is the big paycheck for my trouble?

According to the dictionary, a mentor is "A wise and trusted counselor or teacher." Now I feel the need to sit up straight and present a polished image at all times. Not likely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should write a book. Great writing style.