Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Classic or Old?


I have the feeling I am considered old. Gone are the days when I knew who the band was when a new song came on the radio. I'd even go so far as to say most of it is junk. Not like the music I like.

When I have to explain to someone that "Classic Rock" isn't 90s music, I feel old. Doesn't anyone listen to the Beatles, Van Morrison, the Eagles, Queen, Pink Floyd, or early Yes anymore? Yes, I believe they are called old people. I admit it, I like to listen to ELO, Rush, and Led Zeppelin. Does that mean I am a fossil? Apparently so.

The other day, I was talking about Jimmy Buffett. A friend asked me if he was the stock investment guru.

Me: Warren Buffett? Wrong Buffett. Come on, you know the song Margaritaville?

Miss Youngpants: I think my mom likes him.

At this point, I was tempted to do one of two things. Start singing a little Margaritaville or call her a bitch. I did both......in my head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told a young wipper snapper at work that I was gong to the Billy Joel concert soon. There was a long pause before he said, I think my mom used to listen to him. I really don't think he still knows who Billy Joel is.