Sunday, February 12, 2006

Does it ever end?

For the past few years, there has been a lot of discussion about work/life balance. That isn't happening with my job. Sure, it's talked about, but the actions don't add up. It's hard to appear upbeat to employees when I am burned out.

I played the lottery tonight but, like all the millions of other suckers, I will need to show up to work on Monday.

I need a maid and a personal assistant. Actually, I could also use a personal shopper. When I go to work, it's dark. When I get home, it's dark. It's a good thing online banking exists. Without it, my bills wouldn't get paid because the outside world does not exist during my work hours. I thought a benefit to being salaried was flexibility. NOPE! It basically means I make less than minimum wage if my salary was broken down to an hourly wage. The good news? I am too busy to spend any of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is classic. keep it coming. where is that "cast" you were talking about in the first post?