Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

If anyone ever takes up a collection for me, it should be for a gag.

While I can bullshit with the best of them, I also have a tendency to speak too much of the truth when tired, aggravated, or generally pissed off. Of course, this isn't a good thing most of the time.

Case in point was today. A coworker was talking about something that annoyed me. My reaction should have been "Who cares?"

That would have been too easy.

Instead, I shot off a sarcastic comment about a third party that, while evasive, was fairly cutting.

Not only do I feel like a complete ass, I also gave her something to think about with the comment.

So much for my cunning strategy.

2 comments:

Random Musings said...

Sometimes you just need to let them have it.
I told the President he micro managed and was stubborn, it took him awhile but he agreed with me turning it around to "business" makes him that way...

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about it. Everyone says stuff they regret. Just think about all of the hurtful things people have said to you. In the end, it all equals out. Maybe thats not comforting in the short term, but I'm sure it will be fine eventually.