Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back from the Dead

Surely no one reads my blog anymore since I abandoned it. Regardless, I thought it was time to provide a quick synopis of the past couple of months and reaffirm my commitment to blogging more often.

Here is the Reader's Digest version of my life:
  • I was offered a new job. Great opportunity, potential for more money, etc. It may not make sense, but it wasn't the right time. Right job, wrong time, damn. I did manage to secure more money in my current job to keep me. Still a victory.
  • Work is killing me. Too much to do, too little help, etc. If I was paid hourly, I could retire in five years based on the hours I am keeping.
  • I had to suffer through another department-wide meeting. I knew it was coming since we have to savor our so-called successes of the past year. More details will follow in a future post detailing the agony of that meeting.
  • The holidays and extended family. At least prison only allows you one visitor at a time. Need I say more?

No comments: